Northwestern Ohio Talks

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Northwestern Ohio Talks

3 posters

The Lima News Website

Mickey
    Mickey

The Lima News Website Empty The Lima News Website

Post  Mickey Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:34 pm

Just like the Columbus Dispatch did a few months back, TLN is changing the format on their website. I don't know when it starts, but instead of using a screen name to post on their boards, you have to use your real name, no more anonymity.

Big mistake, IMO. The Columbus Dispatch website went right into the pooper once they made the change. Where there used to be a couple of hundred comments on a story, now you barely get 10. Very boring website anymore, I don't visit it near as much as I used to.

I did post over there every once in a great while (TLN), so it's not going to break my heart not to post.
    Mickey
    Mickey

The Lima News Website Empty Re: The Lima News Website

Post  Mickey Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:48 pm

Big slow down on TLN website, I think I may have seen 2 posts since the real-name rule went into effect. Maybe it will pick up, who knows? bounce
    GoBlue
    GoBlue

Post  GoBlue Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:42 pm

Mickey wrote:Big slow down on TLN website, I think I may have seen 2 posts since the real-name rule went into effect. Maybe it will pick up, who knows? bounce

I noticed that too.....I can't help but wonder if they go back to the old way after a while....hell they even eliminated the forum over there!
    Mickey
    Mickey

Post  Mickey Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:02 am

GoBlue wrote:
    Mickey wrote:Big slow down on TLN website, I think I may have seen 2 posts since the real-name rule went into effect. Maybe it will pick up, who knows? bounce

I noticed that too.....I can't help but wonder if they go back to the old way after a while....hell they even eliminated the forum over there!

Doubtful. They were probably tired of some of them people who posted and this is their way of getting rid of a lot of them.
    Izzy
    Izzy
    Admin

Post  Izzy Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:38 am

I logged in over there, and I can't even find a place to comment on anything. It's like TLN totally took it down. What makes me mad is they took away the poll feature to see an article. I wasn't even logging in, or commenting on articles for the most part. I wonder if the whole change has to do with some jackwagon putting up info on the guy going around trying to abduct kids. They even gave a link to FB so you could see this guys pic. Even I'm not that dumb. So kudos to the idiot that was putting up crud they aren't suppose to. I'm wondering if TLN didn't get contacted by that guys lawyer threatening a lawsuit. Heck, I don't even know if that's the guy for sure, and my husband works for the PD ! They were and are keeping quiet on this one. Probably in hopes of actually catching the guy. It is good to be informed, but parents and now children are spotting this white jeep cherokee everywhere. Chances are guy has seen or heard the news and has dumped the white cherokee.

Oh, and Mickey, no one new has registered on here since Go Blue. Sorry it took me so long. Been busy with the kids, and the new pup. Finally got me a little girl lap dog ! Named her Gizmo.
    Mickey
    Mickey

Post  Mickey Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:56 am

Izzy wrote:I logged in over there, and I can't even find a place to comment on anything. It's like TLN totally took it down. What makes me mad is they took away the poll feature to see an article. I wasn't even logging in, or commenting on articles for the most part. I wonder if the whole change has to do with some jackwagon putting up info on the guy going around trying to abduct kids. They even gave a link to FB so you could see this guys pic. Even I'm not that dumb. So kudos to the idiot that was putting up crud they aren't suppose to. I'm wondering if TLN didn't get contacted by that guys lawyer threatening a lawsuit. Heck, I don't even know if that's the guy for sure, and my husband works for the PD ! They were and are keeping quiet on this one. Probably in hopes of actually catching the guy. It is good to be informed, but parents and now children are spotting this white jeep cherokee everywhere. Chances are guy has seen or heard the news and has dumped the white cherokee.

Oh, and Mickey, no one new has registered on here since Go Blue. Sorry it took me so long. Been busy with the kids, and the new pup. Finally got me a little girl lap dog ! Named her Gizmo.

Some friends of ours have a female peek-a-poo they named Gizmo. We just love her. I'm not sure how old she is, but I'd have to say at least 8. She probably doesn't weigh more than 10 pounds.

Back to TLN, there were more comments on the story about the 22-year old jerk-off who beat up the 5-month old baby than the rest of the entire site. Maybe people will get comfortable with putting their name out there, but I can't, not with where I work. I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it, not unless it was something totally outrageously funny and I couldn't help myself - something I knew I wouldn't get flack over.

And I did notice they got rid of the forum over there.
    Izzy
    Izzy
    Admin

Post  Izzy Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:34 am

Mickey wrote:
    Izzy wrote:I logged in over there, and I can't even find a place to comment on anything. It's like TLN totally took it down. What makes me mad is they took away the poll feature to see an article. I wasn't even logging in, or commenting on articles for the most part. I wonder if the whole change has to do with some jackwagon putting up info on the guy going around trying to abduct kids. They even gave a link to FB so you could see this guys pic. Even I'm not that dumb. So kudos to the idiot that was putting up crud they aren't suppose to. I'm wondering if TLN didn't get contacted by that guys lawyer threatening a lawsuit. Heck, I don't even know if that's the guy for sure, and my husband works for the PD ! They were and are keeping quiet on this one. Probably in hopes of actually catching the guy. It is good to be informed, but parents and now children are spotting this white jeep cherokee everywhere. Chances are guy has seen or heard the news and has dumped the white cherokee.

Some friends of ours have a female peek-a-poo they named Gizmo. We just love her. I'm not sure how old she is, but I'd have to say at least 8. She probably doesn't weigh more than 10 pounds.

Back to TLN, there were more comments on the story about the 22-year old jerk-off who beat up the 5-month old baby than the rest of the entire site. Maybe people will get comfortable with putting their name out there, but I can't, not with where I work. I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it, not unless it was something totally outrageously funny and I couldn't help myself - something I knew I wouldn't get flack over.

And I did notice they got rid of the forum over there.

She's a shih-tzu. She has a white patch on her forehead. She is just so darn cute. Eric calls her Satan's Dog when she gets all riled up, and wants to bite. My mom says it's a puppy thing, but I don't ever remember my poodle doing that when I was younger. Found out why Gizmo liked going under the couch so much. The little bugger was pooping under there.

Anyways...I saw the guys pic on there that beat the baby. I didn't even read the article because I didn't want to get upset. People like him need to be strung up and tortured indefinitely.

On a funnier note, I think I found something you guys might like.

Subtle Butt - Gas/Flatulence - Trapper & Deodorizer
    So you've come here looking for gas pads. Look no further, my friends. Your smelly flatulence problems may be over. Meet Subtle Butt™ disposable gas neutralizers.

The Lima News Website Subtle%20Butt
    Izzy
    Izzy
    Admin

Post  Izzy Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:34 am

Why is the darn picture so big?!
    GoBlue
    GoBlue

Post  GoBlue Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:43 am

Izzy wrote:Why is the darn picture so big?!

man, I need some of those after a night of drinking.....those beer farts are horrible! Laughing
    Izzy
    Izzy
    Admin

Post  Izzy Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:45 am

GoBlue wrote:
    Izzy wrote:Why is the darn picture so big?!

man, I need some of those after a night of drinking.....those beer farts are horrible! Laughing

Sad thing is those fart pads are actually real lol ! They have bigger ones in a different brand, but their selling point wasn't near as good. Laughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:17 pm