Northwestern Ohio Talks

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Northwestern Ohio Talks

4 posters

Lima Mall strong arming the little guy

Grunt

Lima Mall strong arming the little guy Empty Lima Mall strong arming the little guy

Post  Grunt Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:55 pm

We were at the Lima Mall today and we were talking to one of the shop owners who we have gotten to know over the years, apparently on 1 December 09 the Lima Mall management told the owners of the following stores Treasure Chest, Unique Creations, Amish Merchant, Love & Learn, All Star Cuts and Bon Worth, (and there could be possibly a few more) GET OUT OF THE MALL BY JANUARY 3RD 2010, the mom and pop stores have been pushed out by the Mall owners so they can put in a RUE 21, (which I have never heard of) and some other 'name brand' stores, what a bunch of pricks, kick these people out at the busiest time of the year with a months notice, I disagree with the tactics of the Mall owners, and I wish them the worse of luck.
    Izzy
    Izzy
    Admin

Lima Mall strong arming the little guy Empty Re: Lima Mall strong arming the little guy

Post  Izzy Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:15 pm

That is pretty cruddy. The Lima Mall already has a Rue 21. I just bought some sneakers there last weekend. They have really good prices on jeans too. First time I was there, and I plan on going back to look more at the jeans and try some on. I wonder if Rue 21 wants to expand their store? It is pretty small with a lot of merchandise. I still don't think it's right to kick out the local stores to make room for the chain ones. I know that a Garlock manages the Lima Mall. Go figure...
    QThornton
    QThornton

Lima Mall strong arming the little guy Empty Re: Lima Mall strong arming the little guy

Post  QThornton Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:29 pm

Grunt wrote:We were at the Lima Mall today and we were talking to one of the shop owners who we have gotten to know over the years, apparently on 1 December 09 the Lima Mall management told the owners of the following stores Treasure Chest, Unique Creations, Amish Merchant, Love & Learn, All Star Cuts and Bon Worth, (and there could be possibly a few more) GET OUT OF THE MALL BY JANUARY 3RD 2010, the mom and pop stores have been pushed out by the Mall owners so they can put in a RUE 21, (which I have never heard of) and some other 'name brand' stores, what a bunch of pricks, kick these people out at the busiest time of the year with a months notice, I disagree with the tactics of the Mall owners, and I wish them the worse of luck.

My guess is they are opening a "Forever XXI" Forever 21 store...
    tnseditor
    tnseditor
    Admin

Post  tnseditor Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:32 pm

I am happy that the Amish Merchant is possibly going to get the Pier 1 building. The store will give them a lot more room than they have now as well as being easier to access. It will also give the building new life instead of just sitting there dying like the Steak and Shake building down the road.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content