Northwestern Ohio Talks

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Northwestern Ohio Talks

3 posters

School Alerts By Text or E-mail

Izzy
    Izzy
    Admin

School Alerts By Text or E-mail Empty School Alerts By Text or E-mail

Post  Izzy Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:34 pm

http://rhinoalerts.noacsc.org/Default.aspx

I thought you guys might benefit from this. It's a cell phone text or e-mail service for some local schools. Unfortunately Lima City Schools are not on this list. The service is good for school delays, cancellations, events, etc. You will need to enter each phone number or each e-mail separately. Standard text messaging rates may apply.

I think you can also get weather alerts on this also under the NOACSC option, but I'm not for sure on that.
    dukester2
    dukester2

School Alerts By Text or E-mail Empty Re: School Alerts By Text or E-mail

Post  dukester2 Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:27 am

Izzy wrote:http://rhinoalerts.noacsc.org/Default.aspx

I thought you guys might benefit from this. It's a cell phone text or e-mail service for some local schools. Unfortunately Lima City Schools are not on this list. The service is good for school delays, cancellations, events, etc. You will need to enter each phone number or each e-mail separately. Standard text messaging rates may apply.

I think you can also get weather alerts on this also under the NOACSC option, but I'm not for sure on that.

Thanks Iz, I think this is what Nicci has. I know that she gets a txt about delays, but I didn't know what service she had.
    Ouroborus
    Ouroborus

Post  Ouroborus Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:22 am

dukester2 wrote:

Thanks Iz, I think this is what Nicci has. I know that she gets a txt about delays, but I didn't know what service she had.

Crikey, I thought it was an alert about rhinos!
    dukester2
    dukester2

Post  dukester2 Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:19 pm

Ouroborus wrote:
    dukester2 wrote:

Crikey, I thought it was an alert about rhinos!

Pshaw! They never warn you about those, but I'll tell you what works...a Rhino whistle for your car. I have one on mine and I haven't come close to hitting any of them every since I installed it!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content