Northwestern Ohio Talks

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Northwestern Ohio Talks

+2
I hate ignorance
dukester2
6 posters

Pink Plates for Sex Offenders

dukester2
    dukester2

Pink Plates for Sex Offenders Empty Pink Plates for Sex Offenders

Post  dukester2 Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:03 am

A friend of mine, Jack Miller, is a Shawnee Township Councilman. He had an article in yesterdays Lima News, on the front page, suggesting that all sex offenders be mandated to have pink license plates on their cars for easy identification. Although this idea is not an original one, (back in 05 this was suggested), I like the idea. I would recommend a different color because to me the color pink is still about breast cancer awareness, but that is irrelevant. It would be great to know where these sick bastards are roaming around and like he said in his article, if you had a child with you and pulled into a McDonalds, (or wherever), and saw a car that identified a sex offender, you could either avoid the place, or at least increase your protectiveness of the child.

Thoughts?
    I hate ignorance

Pink Plates for Sex Offenders Empty Re: Pink Plates for Sex Offenders

Post  I hate ignorance Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:46 pm

I'm with tools. I think it would be a great idea. Although, I also think a bullet in the doink to these ass holes would be a great idea too.......
    NAN
    NAN

Post  NAN Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:31 pm

dukester2 wrote:A friend of mine, Jack Miller, is a Shawnee Township Councilman. He had an article in yesterdays Lima News, on the front page, suggesting that all sex offenders be mandated to have pink license plates on their cars for easy identification. Although this idea is not an original one, (back in 05 this was suggested), I like the idea. I would recommend a different color because to me the color pink is still about breast cancer awareness, but that is irrelevant. It would be great to know where these sick bastards are roaming around and like he said in his article, if you had a child with you and pulled into a McDonalds, (or wherever), and saw a car that identified a sex offender, you could either avoid the place, or at least increase your protectiveness of the child.

Thoughts?
    My 'only' problem here is that not all of the sex offenders are pedophiles. Not that I am defending any of them, but some sex offenders have gotten the signature because they didn't understand the word 'no' by their girlfriends. Supposedly there have been young ladies out there that got angry with the guys that they made untrue statements about the guy. I know as long as it was reviewed and the sex offenders that involved children I would agree with it.
    Jerry
    Jerry

Post  Jerry Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:40 am

For verified and convicted rapists and pedophiles, I would much prefer complete genital castration after Toolie shoves them down the stairs at the Sears Tower or Empire State Building. Twisted Evil
    Ouroborus
    Ouroborus

Post  Ouroborus Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:40 pm

Jerry wrote:For verified and convicted rapists and pedophiles, I would much prefer complete genital castration after Toolie shoves them down the stairs at the Sears Tower or Empire State Building. Twisted Evil
    16% of rapist and pedophiles are women, so you gonna cut out their hoohaas?

Being the Liberal Soft-on-Criminals kinda guy I am, I strongly feel that once you've paid your debt to society, as in a prison sentence or fine or whatever it is currently in vogue at the time, that should be the end of it. If you want stronger punishment, then work to change the laws to reflect that. Make reporting and counseling much stiffer upon release,it always appears to me to be the ones who 'disappear' off the law enforcement agencies radar that are the ones who re-offend. If the criminals re-offend then inflict much stronger penalties, but I can't condone penalizing those who do not re-offend and make honest progress in changing their lives. Just my Liberal view, and yes, if something happened to a member of my family, I would go hunting for the criminal, too. Only human.
    Jerry
    Jerry

Post  Jerry Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:28 pm

Ouroborus wrote:
    Jerry wrote:For verified and convicted rapists and pedophiles, I would much prefer complete genital castration after Toolie shoves them down the stairs at the Sears Tower or Empire State Building. Twisted Evil
    16% of rapist and pedophiles are women, so you gonna cut out their hoohaas?

Being the Liberal Soft-on-Criminals kinda guy I am, I strongly feel that once you've paid your debt to society, as in a prison sentence or fine or whatever it is currently in vogue at the time, that should be the end of it. If you want stronger punishment, then work to change the laws to reflect that. Make reporting and counseling much stiffer upon release,it always appears to me to be the ones who 'disappear' off the law enforcement agencies radar that are the ones who re-offend. If the criminals re-offend then inflict much stronger penalties, but I can't condone penalizing those who do not re-offend and make honest progress in changing their lives. Just my Liberal view, and yes, if something happened to a member of my family, I would go hunting for the criminal, too. Only human.

Well then attributing my brand of punishment to 84% of offenders will suit me just fine. I'm all for allowing the remaining 14% to suffer the punishment that you have stated.
    dolphinlover

Post  dolphinlover Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:08 pm

I do think they should also have certain kind of license plates, look at the people who get DUI's they identify them.
    But here's something else to think about. What if a 18 year old boy is dating a 16 year old girl, her mom finds out and has him arrested? They need to do it but with certain restrictions.
    dukester2
    dukester2

Post  dukester2 Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:06 am

dolphinlover wrote:I do think they should also have certain kind of license plates, look at the people who get DUI's they identify them.
    But here's something else to think about. What if a 18 year old boy is dating a 16 year old girl, her mom finds out and has him arrested? They need to do it but with certain restrictions.

Yep, I agree that there should be some stipulations. I'm pretty sure that the yellow plates are issued for the 2nd offense of DUI, aren't they? If they issued the pink plates to sex offenders on the 2nd offense, it may eliminate some of the scenarios like the 18 year old boy dating the 16 year old girl.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:11 pm