Northwestern Ohio Talks

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Northwestern Ohio Talks

4 posters

Bistro on fire....

BaileyM
    BaileyM

Bistro on fire.... Empty Bistro on fire....

Post  BaileyM Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:24 am

The Bistro on S. Main st. has been destroyed by a fire early this morning......heard thru sources they were struggling in this economy, and now this fire....hope it was not an arson...hope all the employees find work
    misspearl
    misspearl

Bistro on fire.... Empty Re: Bistro on fire....

Post  misspearl Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:47 am

This is some fire! Too bad, though. The Bistro is one of the few decent restaurants in the area. Great food and not your usual fare. They change up the menu on a regular basis. I hope they can find another place. Glad no one was hurt. Great job LFD and Shawnee.
    Izzy
    Izzy
    Admin

Post  Izzy Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:15 pm

I ate there once years ago and didn't personally like their food. It may have changed since they first opened, though. I'm sorry to hear of the fire. Rumor has it that the owners were struggling, and it very may well have been arson or someone may have set it accidentally. I'm hoping that it was accidental, though. My question is, why do they keep tearing these buildings down that have caught fire? You'd think they'd want it still somewhat standing so they could do a thorough investigation. Going to be hard now to sort through that crud to see what really happened. One has to wonder about them tearing down two buildings now that have switched owners during the past year or two. I wonder if the city inspectors missed things wrong with the buildings, so they figured they better tear them down to cover it up?
    BaileyM
    BaileyM

Post  BaileyM Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:05 pm

The building had to be torn down so the electric could be turned back on for the rest of the circuit....also the one wall was already falling down and posed a structurial and safety hazard to the other adjoining buildings...they take photographs and samples before the building is torn down....I'm sure they will be able to make a determination...
    Mickey
    Mickey

Post  Mickey Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:52 pm

We never ate there. I heard the food was excellent, but a bit on the expensive side.

I also saw where investigators said the fire is "suspicious." Insurance job?
    Izzy
    Izzy
    Admin

Post  Izzy Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:40 am

I heard about the Milano's thing after I married my hub. I think that happened before I was even an adult so I don't know much about it. I never watched the news then except for school delays and cancellations. I've heard that their food was excellent. The guy who owns Tudors is an ass IMHO so I've never tried their food.

I didn't know that a building had to be torn down to return power to the rest of the people on the circuit. I would think that AEP could, and probably did cut their power and reroute the wires. Structural and safety hazard to the other adjoining buildings is becoming a pretty frequent occurrence around here lately. Not saying it couldn't happen, though. It's just weird, and I feel that there's something more behind it. If something was structurally or electrically wrong with that building before it was sold to the Bistro's owners, and the inspectors passed it when it was sold that could and would fall back on the city. Just like that other building they tore down immediately after the fire. I'm betting that most of those old downtown buildings are in need of some really good gutting and remodeling to bring them up to code.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:15 am