Northwestern Ohio Talks

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Northwestern Ohio Talks

3 posters

Happy Thnksgiving!

Jerry
    Jerry

Happy Thnksgiving! Empty Happy Thnksgiving!

Post  Jerry Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:40 pm

Happy Thanksgiving from Karen and I to all here. We think of you a lot and hope everyone is well.
    Mickey
    Mickey

Happy Thnksgiving! Empty Re: Happy Thnksgiving!

Post  Mickey Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:25 pm

Jerry wrote:Happy Thanksgiving from Karen and I to all here. We think of you a lot and hope everyone is well.

Hope you had a nice holiday as well. Hope everything is going great with everybody.
    Mickey
    Mickey

Post  Mickey Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:36 am

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

After this the madness will start, actually even earlier than last year. I'm working tomorrow, so I won't be out Black Friday shopping.

I'm thankful for so many things, it would take forever to list them all. I hope I don't see a lot of people losing the spirit of Thanksgiving in all this shopping hype.

Enjoy the holiday.
    Mickey
    Mickey

Post  Mickey Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:26 am

Well, I actually went out this morning and did some Black Friday shopping, even though I said I wasn't going to. I have only done it once before, and it was so bad I said I'd never go out again, but Big Lots had some stuff on sale and I wanted to see if I could get a few good deals myself. I headed to Big Lots for 6:00, and grunt headed to Menard's for 6:00. He called me at 5:50 and said he wasn't even hanging around. People were in line from the front door of Menard's all the way through the parking lot and backed up to East Road. He left, nothing is worth that much aggravation. I did get what I went for at Big Lots.

Grunt and the daughter went to Wal-Mart last night for the sale that started at 10:00 - they said is was an absolute madhouse! The electronics didn't go on sale until 12:00, so they hung around for that. They didn't get home until after 2:30 this morning, then grunt was up again at 5:00. He can sleep until the grandkids get here this morning (he's babysitting).

I have to leave for work in half an hour, but I'm glad I got some good deals already today, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Smile
    GoBlue
    GoBlue

Post  GoBlue Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:14 am

Mickey wrote:Well, I actually went out this morning and did some Black Friday shopping, even though I said I wasn't going to. I have only done it once before, and it was so bad I said I'd never go out again, but Big Lots had some stuff on sale and I wanted to see if I could get a few good deals myself. I headed to Big Lots for 6:00, and grunt headed to Menard's for 6:00. He called me at 5:50 and said he wasn't even hanging around. People were in line from the front door of Menard's all the way through the parking lot and backed up to East Road. He left, nothing is worth that much aggravation. I did get what I went for at Big Lots.

Grunt and the daughter went to Wal-Mart last night for the sale that started at 10:00 - they said is was an absolute madhouse! The electronics didn't go on sale until 12:00, so they hung around for that. They didn't get home until after 2:30 this morning, then grunt was up again at 5:00. He can sleep until the grandkids get here this morning (he's babysitting).

I have to leave for work in half an hour, but I'm glad I got some good deals already today, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Smile

I had to venture out and get some pointsettias....ran to Hobby Lobby and theirs looked like someone slept on them, so I popped over to JoAnn Fabrics...the line was snaked through the store and then some so I left......ran to the cemetery and got mom's tree decorated and went back later....by 3pm it wasnt bad at all.....Jo Ann Fabrics had some really nice stuff....I don't decorate for Christmas....I hang something on my door and that's it....no tree, no nothing....lost my Christmas spirit exactly 7 years ago and haven't been able to regain it. Crying or Very sad

On a side note, I don't know what happened Thanksgiving day but it just wasn't "right".....the dysfunction in the family has reached an all time high and it just isn't fun anymore. Too much drama......I just want to eat, drink and be merry, but with all the drama going on I just wanted to go home.
    Mickey
    Mickey

Post  Mickey Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:08 am

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. If you're traveling, be safe. If you're cooking (like me) I hope your dinner turns out terrific. If you're going to someone's house, offer to help with anything you can. Most of all, be thankful - that's what it's all about. Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:11 am