Northwestern Ohio Talks

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Northwestern Ohio Talks

+3
dukester2
Ouroborus
sun_tzu
7 posters

Commissioner Greg Sneary vs. Jay Begg in republican primary

Poll

Who will win republican Primary between Commissioner Greg Sneary and Jay Begg

[ 1 ]
    Commissioner Greg Sneary vs. Jay Begg in republican primary Bar_left25%Commissioner Greg Sneary vs. Jay Begg in republican primary Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Commissioner Greg Sneary vs. Jay Begg in republican primary Bar_left75%Commissioner Greg Sneary vs. Jay Begg in republican primary Bar_right [75%] 

Total Votes: 4
    sun_tzu
    sun_tzu

Commissioner Greg Sneary vs. Jay Begg in republican primary Empty Commissioner Greg Sneary vs. Jay Begg in republican primary

Post  sun_tzu Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:46 pm

Since the filing today by Jay Begg signals that he is indeed going to run against Commissioner Sneary i am interested in all my allen county peeps opinion on this race...

My prediction is 70% to 30% Sneary..

limakid@live.com
    Ouroborus
    Ouroborus

Commissioner Greg Sneary vs. Jay Begg in republican primary Empty Re: Commissioner Greg Sneary vs. Jay Begg in republican primary

Post  Ouroborus Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:02 pm

sun_tzu wrote:Since the filing today by Jay Begg signals that he is indeed going to run against Commissioner Sneary i am interested in all my allen county peeps opinion on this race...

limakid@live.com
    I predict that Sarah Palin will come to Lima, promote her book, win the election, but quit the next day and ride the wave of Teabag Party enthusiasm into the White House. You betcha!
    sun_tzu
    sun_tzu

Commissioner Greg Sneary vs. Jay Begg in republican primary Empty Re: Commissioner Greg Sneary vs. Jay Begg in republican primary

Post  sun_tzu Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:32 pm

Ouroborus wrote:
    sun_tzu wrote:Since the filing today by Jay Begg signals that he is indeed going to run against Commissioner Sneary i am interested in all my allen county peeps opinion on this race...

limakid@live.com
    I predict that Sarah Palin will come to Lima, promote her book, win the election, but quit the next day and ride the wave of Teabag Party enthusiasm into the White House. You betcha!

good one ouro...
    dukester2
    dukester2

Post  dukester2 Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:52 am

toolgirl wrote:I can't answer your question Sun......on one hand I think Sneary will win, but on the other hand I am sure Begg has a lot of contacts, and may be able to pull it off.
    I don't know enough about Begg to make an informed decision about him just yet. I don't dislike Sneary, but there is just something about him that makes me a little cautious, and I just can't put my finger on what it is.
    I'll get back with you on it...... What a Face

I begg to differ, Tools. Get it? BEGG?? Because that's the guys name, you know? B-E-G-G...and I intentionally spelled, 'beg', 'begg'. HAHAHAHA...GET IT?
    sun_tzu
    sun_tzu

Post  sun_tzu Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:14 am

toolgirl wrote:I can't answer your question Sun......on one hand I think Sneary will win, but on the other hand I am sure Begg has a lot of contacts, and may be able to pull it off.
    I don't know enough about Begg to make an informed decision about him just yet. I don't dislike Sneary, but there is just something about him that makes me a little cautious, and I just can't put my finger on what it is.
    I'll get back with you on it...... What a Face

i appriciate all my peeps on nwo's opinion...i will be able to fill you all in on commissioner snearys intentions...as for mr begg...i can assure you of one thing...he is in bed with the players in the lima city administration which scares the hell out of me...

have a great day all...
    BaileyM
    BaileyM

Post  BaileyM Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:56 am

I do not care for Sneary, he has changed signifigantly since his election....and for Begg , he keeps upping the rental at the fairgrounds and driving away events...he has a lot of cronies he sides with as does Sneary....so , I'm thinking it will be a pretty close race....and oh so political mud slinging.....
    sun_tzu
    sun_tzu

Post  sun_tzu Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:41 pm

BaileyM wrote:I do not care for Sneary, he has changed signifigantly since his election....and for Begg , he keeps upping the rental at the fairgrounds and driving away events...he has a lot of cronies he sides with as does Sneary....so , I'm thinking it will be a pretty close race....and oh so political mud slinging.....

i can assure you there will be no going negative in commissioner snearys campaign baileym...
    BaileyM
    BaileyM

Post  BaileyM Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:29 am

I hope they will keep it all on the up and up....Both of them really need to concentrate on the budget....there has to be a better way to balance it without eliminating funding completely to so many needed services...4-H, the airport, crime victims, county ext. etc...
    QThornton
    QThornton

Post  QThornton Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:51 am

I really hope we get a 3rd QUALIFIED candidate. This will give everyone a better chance to weed out the truth from the lies......there is something about a 3 candidate race in my opinion...
    sun_tzu
    sun_tzu

Post  sun_tzu Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:23 am

QThornton wrote:I really hope we get a 3rd QUALIFIED candidate. This will give everyone a better chance to weed out the truth from the lies......there is something about a 3 candidate race in my opinion...

wont happen till possibly after the republican primary...then an ind. can enter...

as for the primary...there is no doubt which one is more conservative Q
    QThornton
    QThornton

Post  QThornton Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:32 am

sun_tzu wrote:
    QThornton wrote:I really hope we get a 3rd QUALIFIED candidate. This will give everyone a better chance to weed out the truth from the lies......there is something about a 3 candidate race in my opinion...

wont happen till possibly after the republican primary...then an ind. can enter...

I'm not really all about the conservative......I want someone who's going to shake things up...and wake up this office!
    Ouroborus
    Ouroborus

Post  Ouroborus Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:52 pm

QThornton wrote:
    sun_tzu wrote:

I'm not really all about the conservative......I want someone who's going to shake things up...and wake up this office!
    Well, that sure doesn't sound like a conservative, then.
    Jerry
    Jerry

Post  Jerry Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:17 pm

Ouroborus wrote:
    QThornton wrote:
    sun_tzu wrote:

I don't think they are "O". Not when their first thought when a budget crisis arises is to raise taxes on people who can ill afford what they are already paying.

They wouldn't be liberal either.

The only characterization I can think of for any of them is "incompetent".
    sun_tzu
    sun_tzu

Post  sun_tzu Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:14 pm

Jerry wrote:
    Ouroborus wrote:
    QThornton wrote:
    sun_tzu wrote:

I don't think they are "O". Not when their first thought when a budget crisis arises is to raise taxes on people who can ill afford what they are already paying.

They wouldn't be liberal either.

The only characterization I can think of for any of them is "incompetent".

Jerry...the commissioner i support voted against the tax increase...

Q...the conservative level matters as this is the republican primary and not a general election...

peace all..
    misspearl
    misspearl

Post  misspearl Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:39 am

For what it's worth, my fellow Democratic friends and I are all voting in the Republican primary against Sneary. Then hope for another option in the general election.
    sun_tzu
    sun_tzu

Post  sun_tzu Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:37 pm

misspearl wrote:For what it's worth, my fellow Democratic friends and I are all voting in the Republican primary against Sneary. Then hope for another option in the general election.

care to share why misspearl?
    Jerry
    Jerry

Post  Jerry Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:48 pm

sun_tzu wrote:
    misspearl wrote:For what it's worth, my fellow Democratic friends and I are all voting in the Republican primary against Sneary. Then hope for another option in the general election.

Perhaps they believe that Sneary is the stronger candidate and if they can help the other win, he will be weaker against their own candidate?
    sun_tzu
    sun_tzu

Post  sun_tzu Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:29 pm

Jerry wrote:
    sun_tzu wrote:

Perhaps they believe that Sneary is the stronger candidate and if they can help the other win, he will be weaker against their own candidate?

good point jerry...
    misspearl
    misspearl

Post  misspearl Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:06 pm

sun_tzu wrote:

During Sneary's first run for Commissioner, I sat on an endorsement committee for a local union organization. I remember Mr. Sneary came to the committee for an endorsement, by invitation as were all candidates from all parties. He was a bully, was disrespectful, critical of everything and everybody. I remember nothing positive about him. My opinion has not changed since then. I believe he has exibited much the same "qualities" as County Commissioner that he did as candidate Sneary. (The Republican candidate eventually got the endorsement from my committee.) I DO believe he is the stronger candidate in the primary based solely on his stand against the sales tax increase. However, I feel he has worn out his welcome, so to speak, as Commissioner. That's why I am voting not necessarily for Begg but against Sneary. And then hoping like hell that a better choice is available come November.
    sun_tzu
    sun_tzu

Post  sun_tzu Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:13 pm

misspearl wrote:
    sun_tzu wrote:

During Sneary's first run for Commissioner, I sat on an endorsement committee for a local union organization. I remember Mr. Sneary came to the committee for an endorsement, by invitation as were all candidates from all parties. He was a bully, was disrespectful, critical of everything and everybody. I remember nothing positive about him. My opinion has not changed since then. I believe he has exibited much the same "qualities" as County Commissioner that he did as candidate Sneary. (The Republican candidate eventually got the endorsement from my committee.) I DO believe he is the stronger candidate in the primary based solely on his stand against the sales tax increase. However, I feel he has worn out his welcome, so to speak, as Commissioner. That's why I am voting not necessarily for Begg but against Sneary. And then hoping like hell that a better choice is available come November.

miss pearl...i respect your opinion greatly...you should call commissioner sneary and address your concerns with him...you might be pleasantly suprised by the response you get...all of us grow as we age...and if not carry on with your plan...lol
    misspearl
    misspearl

Post  misspearl Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:24 am

sun_tzu wrote:
    misspearl wrote:
    sun_tzu wrote:

miss pearl...i respect your opinion greatly...you should call commissioner sneary and address your concerns with him...you might be pleasantly suprised by the response you get...all of us grow as we age...and if not carry on with your plan...lol
    That's fair enough, sun. I like your response and always think very highly of your opinions.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:17 am