Northwestern Ohio Talks

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Northwestern Ohio Talks

+15
QThornton
CDSMOM
Phoenix301
dukester2
LinLin9903
NAN
Chapstick
Dukesters_daughter
Pricelessone
Insanity!
I hate ignorance
Grunt
tnseditor
Jerry
Izzy
19 posters

Welcome to the new forum everyone !

Izzy
    Izzy
    Admin

Welcome to the new forum everyone ! Empty Welcome to the new forum everyone !

Post  Izzy Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:21 am

I'm sorry to hear of what has occurred over at the other forum. This is something I threw together this evening so it's gonna take some tweaking and a lot of learning. Let me know how you like it... Or, what you dislike about it. Let me know how you guys like the snowflakes that I put up. If they bug too many people I will take them down. I thought since it was Christmas time that we needed a little decoration. Feel free to add in your own topics and start posting in them. Let me know if you have any problems and I will try and help. affraid I put the chatbox at the bottom of the main page because it was dinking me off. You will need to log into the chatbox to chat. I think you just need to click on the log in button and you will get right in. I don't think that you will need to input your password again. It works that way for me anyways...

I hope everyone has a good time here !

Izzy
    Jerry
    Jerry

Welcome to the new forum everyone ! Empty Re: Welcome to the new forum everyone !

Post  Jerry Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:07 am

Thanks Izzy for setting this up. Karen and I are very happy to be able to enjoy all of the great people that we met on the old forum. We missed them ... even "O". Just like Darth Vader, if Nan saw some good in him there must be some good, somewhere inside that gruff exterior.

Just put a protective bubble around the sheep. Dukster is going to be on the look out for some new "stuff".
    tnseditor
    tnseditor
    Admin

Welcome to the new forum everyone ! Empty Re: Welcome to the new forum everyone !

Post  tnseditor Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:05 pm

The forum looks nice (including the snowflakes!) We should get a domain name soon. I will open a poll under the rant section for that.
    Izzy
    Izzy
    Admin

Post  Izzy Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:26 pm

tnseditor wrote:The forum looks nice (including the snowflakes!) We should get a domain name soon. I will open a poll under the rant section for that.

And how would we set up the domain name? Doesn't that cost money? scratch
    Izzy
    Izzy
    Admin

Post  Izzy Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:33 pm

toolgirl wrote:hello everyone!! rendeer
    whole lotta stuff to re-learn on here.....hope everyone makes it over!!!!

Izz...love the snowflakes btw Very Happy

I hope they do too.

Thanks. I thought they were pretty cool too. Wink
    Jerry
    Jerry

Welcome to the new forum everyone ! Empty Domain Name

Post  Jerry Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:36 pm

My knowledge is limited to machine software and AutoCAD; even less for the internet. Maybe you can tell me why we need a domain name? (What's a domain?)
    Grunt

Post  Grunt Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:14 pm

I'm glad to hear what happened at the other forum, shutting that down was long over due, opinions, thought, actions, beliefs, character, motivation, traits, are as varied and different as we all are, and when the self proclaimed GOD of his forum has different vision than you do, then why are you wrong, you aren't, we have the freedom to disagree with each other, that's what makes the forum stronger, but to dangle your ability to sequester those with opposing views is nothing more than a dictatorship, not to mention the invasion of privacy issues that he was practicing, so with my final thoughts to the former forum operator about his loner life, I put that issue to bed, let us create a strong and fun forum here, I have no doubt Izzy will do a great job administering it.
    Izzy
    Izzy
    Admin

Post  Izzy Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:27 pm

It was long overdue. And, I agree with you on all the points you made. Just dinks me off that he owns the name to that forum. I should've never let him [b]help out[i]. That was my mistake. I'm now more confident in my software abilities than I was then. So we should be good. If I have a question about the technicalities I have a whole wealth of knowledge that I can turn to for the answer. As well as a person that I can ask for some help.

Don't worry about the privacy thing on here. I wouldn't do it anyways. And, there is a forum board for this software and I found out that it's virtually impossible for the Admins or Mods to read pm's or emails. If you would happen to, Forumotion wouldn't hesitate to file charges.
    I hate ignorance

Post  I hate ignorance Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:49 pm

Well, hello gang!! Thank you tools for the text on the new forum. I hadn't been to the other in a few days, so I didn't know any drama, etc., was going on.

Thank you very much Izzy, for the new forum. I look forward to seeing all of my old friends, and hopefully some new friends as well.

[/b]Happy Holidays everyone!! rendeer
    Insanity!
    Insanity!

Post  Insanity! Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:51 pm

IMO it was very long overdue. I missed you guys but I have to say that between bleach and God, sorry meant Ghostrider it just became a worse version of TLN...lol who would have thought that was even possible! It became a dictatorship a long time ago and there only seemed to be two opinions that counted, then the power trip REALLY took hold and it was all over but the shouting as they say...lol. I just couldn't bring myself to even go there for months but I missed the hell out of you guys and it is nice to have a 'home' again Very Happy.

Love the snowflakes and so far the site has been pretty easy to navigate...kudos izzy!
    Pricelessone
    Pricelessone

Post  Pricelessone Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:07 am

Thanks Izzy, I love the snowflakes! When is the Christmas party? Anybody ever notice how I just "pop up" whenever it's time for a party.. santa ...LOL. I have missed ALL of you! I'm sure this will remain a fun place to visit.
    Dukesters_daughter
    Dukesters_daughter

Post  Dukesters_daughter Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:19 am

Thanks, Izzy! I, too, love the snowflakes! very cute santa
    Chapstick
    Chapstick

Post  Chapstick Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:36 pm

Thanks for putting this together for all of us Izzy! I have to admit I like the snow flakes! It's a very nice touch to the site.
    NAN
    NAN

Post  NAN Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:37 pm

Thanx for doing this Izzy! Seems pretty decent. Just gotta get use to the little differences.

LOL! Should we take a poll to invite O? Razz Naw, he said he would sign up in a bit.

So happy we found a new home and we know Izzy will do a GRAND job as administrator!!!
    tnseditor
    tnseditor
    Admin

Post  tnseditor Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:46 pm

I couldn't imagine this forum without O. ")
    LinLin9903
    LinLin9903

Post  LinLin9903 Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:11 pm

Just wanted to say thanks Izzy!! And I think TNS will be a great admin! santa rendeer farao
    tnseditor
    tnseditor
    Admin

Post  tnseditor Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:17 pm

Thanks LinLin! Welcome to the NEW forum!
    dukester2
    dukester2

Post  dukester2 Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:52 pm

NAN wrote:Thanx for doing this Izzy! Seems pretty decent. Just gotta get use to the little differences.

LOL! Should we take a poll to invite O? Razz Naw, he said he would sign up in a bit.

So happy we found a new home and we know Izzy will do a GRAND job as administrator!!!

Thanks Izzard...I hated the thought of losing my family
    Phoenix301
    Phoenix301

Post  Phoenix301 Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:14 pm

he everyone, i didn't go to the old forum much at all so had no idea about what happened until TNS showed me.
    CDSMOM
    CDSMOM

Post  CDSMOM Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:14 pm

I messaged Misspearl with the link, but she messaged me back and said she was having trouble with it. I sent her another and my e-mail address in case she still had trouble. Hopefully she'll make it in soon.
    QThornton
    QThornton

Post  QThornton Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:27 pm

If you find that you need help with a domain, let me know.

I can take care of you on it......
    dolphinlover

Post  dolphinlover Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:19 am

Thanks Izzy for putting this up!! I sure did miss you all Smile
    misspearl
    misspearl

Post  misspearl Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:58 pm

I finally found you all! Thanks to those that sent me messages about the new forum. I'm still not sure about what happened on the other forum, but I'm grateful to Izzy for this one.
    CDSMOM
    CDSMOM

Post  CDSMOM Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:09 pm

misspearl wrote:I finally found you all! Thanks to those that sent me messages about the new forum. I'm still not sure about what happened on the other forum, but I'm grateful to Izzy for this one.

You made it! I knew you could do it. You just needed the right guidance...lol. Welcome to the other side.
    rubyb
    rubyb

Post  rubyb Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:07 pm

Thanx for the new forum Izzy. Animation is a good thing. The snowflakes DO have sort of a calming effect, Don't you think?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:44 am