Northwestern Ohio Talks

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Northwestern Ohio Talks

3 posters

Just Energy

Chapstick
    Chapstick

Just Energy Empty Just Energy

Post  Chapstick Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:42 pm

I wanted to make people aware of this semi scam going around right now. Just Energy is a 3rd party gas supplier and they have been going door to door atleast in Elida the past few weeks. The represenitive that came to my door told me that Just Energy was a government program helping people keep their gas rates down. They will ask for a copy of your gas bill to see how much you owe and if you accept it they ask for your phone so they may call and confirm. They then contact Dominion to cancel your service with them and Dominion will send you a letter informing you of what your remaining balance is with them. Also when they look at your bill they write down your account information. DO NOT give them your bill!!

What happens if you confirm is that you pay them for your gas, Dominion will still be the biller and you will pay them a service fee for distrubution. This is NOT a government program. They are a real company and their rate for gas is $9.420/MCF Dominions rate is currently $7.something/MCF. I don't think it's a bad deal as far as a gas supplier but I don't apprieciate being lied to and people showing up at my door at 8pm on a Saturday evening then wanting to use my phone? Get real! There have been multiple reports of this and they tell you it's a government plan to get you in the door with minimal time to cancel the contract.

If you or someone you know has been in contact with these people you may cancel any contract penalty free. Call Dominion at 1-800-362-7557. The number for Just Energy is 1-866-587-8674.
    Izzy
    Izzy
    Admin

Just Energy Empty Re: Just Energy

Post  Izzy Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:59 pm

Thanks for that info, Chapstick. Who knew?
    Ouroborus
    Ouroborus

Post  Ouroborus Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:21 am

Izzy wrote:Thanks for that info, Chapstick. Who knew?
    She did.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:14 am