Northwestern Ohio Talks

Michigan Wolverines

Izzy
    Admin

Michigan Wolverines

Post  Izzy on Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:21 pm

Anything Michigan Wolverine sports related.
    Jerry

Re: Michigan Wolverines

Post  Jerry on Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:09 am

Rich R is a good coach. If given enough time I will be able to bash him like I did Bo.
    Jerry

Post  Jerry on Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:32 pm

Good Luck Toolie .... UConn can be tough.
    Jerry

Post  Jerry on Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:54 pm

Congratulations Toolie!

Ya' won one!
    Mickey

Post  Mickey on Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:41 am

toolgirl wrote:
    Jerry wrote:Congratulations Toolie!

Ya' won one!

Game was awesome.....Denard Robinson did well, 'ole Tate must have really pissed off RRod to not even be put in the game when Denard was injured for one play, instead he has been thrown to 3rd string....in an Ann Arbor newspaper it was reported that they tried to get a comment out of him and his response was "all I have to say is, I'm out". Said his dad is trying to talk him into not doing anything stupid.....
    It was a good day to be at the game, weather was beautiful and they had quite the festivities going on.....I just LOVE being in the Big House!!!! cheers
    GO BLUE!!!!!!! party01

I thought about you yesterday when we were watching the game. They actually looked pretty good, and "shoelace" played really well. Glad you had a great time! Smile
    Jerry

Post  Jerry on Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:33 am

Hmmm ... last year Toolie was definitely going to push Rich Rod down the steps if she got the chance stairs

I'm thinking that maybe this year, if Rich Rod is successful, Toolie will throw her body at him? lol!
    Jerry

Post  Jerry on Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:12 pm

toolgirl wrote:
    Jerry wrote:Hmmm ... last year Toolie was definitely going to push Rich Rod down the steps if she got the chance stairs

I'm thinking that maybe this year, if Rich Rod is successful, Toolie will throw her body at him? lol!

ahh, I am still hesitant with him....he knows if he doesn't produce this year, he will be gone.....I don't know if I want that or not, if we get rid of him, we are back to a few more years of "building" with a new coach.....shoot, he's still smokin hot tho'!! hehe

party01
    Jerry

Post  Jerry on Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:16 pm

toolgirl wrote:ugh....my heart can't take any more games like that one....in all reality we should have stomped ND, we fucked up many opportunities to score, and RRod should have challenged the TD that ND dropped the ball before he even got in the end zone.....but I guess it doesn't matter, we still won....barely.
    Denard Robinson is the shit....I just hope he doesn't get injured running the ball so damn much.....
    We will be going to the Big House next Sat for the Umass game....hopefully it won't be near as stressful...look for me on TV, I will be wearing the maize and blue t-shirt! party03

Maybe you could hold up a big Bud Light sign so we could ... oh - Karen reminded me that you would be in Ann Arbor. Never mind .... !
    Jerry

Post  Jerry on Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:54 am

toolgirl wrote:ahhh, another win for the wolverines....however, not a win I can brag about.....we sucked BAD and UMass went down fighting!

They don't get any easier.
    GoBlue

Post  GoBlue on Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:40 pm

looks like Michigan will be starting next season with a new coach.....Michigan defensive coordinator Greg Robinson should be fired before he even leaves Jacksonville. My prediction? Jim Harbaugh....(Stanford plays Monday.....announcement will be made by the end of the week....) maybe it's wishful thinking, but that bowl game was embarrassing.
    Jerry

Post  Jerry on Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:06 pm

GoBlue wrote:looks like Michigan will be starting next season with a new coach.....Michigan defensive coordinator Greg Robinson should be fired before he even leaves Jacksonville. My prediction? Jim Harbaugh....(Stanford plays Monday.....announcement will be made by the end of the week....) maybe it's wishful thinking, but that bowl game was embarrassing.

The entire Big Ten was embarrassing. I suppose OSU will screw up Tuesday and it will be a clean sweep loss for the conference.

As far as Jim Harbaugh - it'll never happen.

But you're entitled to a dream now and then.
    GoBlue

Post  GoBlue on Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:40 pm

I don't know Jerry....the speculation is flying everywhere....I hope he comes back to his alma mater.....unfortunately, we will probably lose Denard Sad I love that kid.
    I am not 100% against RRod, he is a helluva coach, but his style of coaching just doesn't fit at Michigan.
    Jerry

Post  Jerry on Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:04 am

RichRod is nowhere near the skills that Harbaugh has. Tonight's Orange Bowl game demonstrated an exceptional capability - on the level of Hayes/Schembechler.
    GoBlue

Post  GoBlue on Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:17 am

Jerry wrote:RichRod is nowhere near the skills that Harbaugh has. Tonight's Orange Bowl game demonstrated an exceptional capability - on the level of Hayes/Schembechler.

we NEED Harbaugh.....hopefully by the end of the week we will have our answer....I know Michigan's program will come around, but I'm tired of waiting Sad
    GoBlue

Post  GoBlue on Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:25 pm

mark my words, it will be Les Miles.....I called that shit 3 years ago.....I always said he would end up being Michigan's coach.....I would have preferred Harbaugh, but I'll take Miles
    Mickey

Post  Mickey on Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:15 am

GoBlue wrote:
    Jerry wrote:RichRod is nowhere near the skills that Harbaugh has. Tonight's Orange Bowl game demonstrated an exceptional capability - on the level of Hayes/Schembechler.

we NEED Harbaugh.....hopefully by the end of the week we will have our answer....I know Michigan's program will come around, but I'm tired of waiting Sad

Tired of waiting? Try being a Cleveland sports fan. Now THERE's tired of waiting! Evil or Very Mad
    Jerry

Post  Jerry on Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:25 am

Michigan does need Harbaugh or Miles. They need to bite the bullet and pay whatever it takes to get one or the other.
    GoBlue

Post  GoBlue on Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:41 pm

Jerry wrote:Michigan does need Harbaugh or Miles. They need to bite the bullet and pay whatever it takes to get one or the other.

I think they will shell out the cash....but Harbaugh is out....I don't look for an announcement until next week.....Miles has a bowl game on Friday.
    GoBlue

Post  GoBlue on Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:23 pm

I hope Les Miles blows his knee.....he used Michigan to get a contract extension and a raise....again.

We now have Brady Hoke.....I'm not going to spew any negativity.....although it was posted that ALL players were staying...(Denard??)
    Jerry

Post  Jerry on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:36 pm

GoBlue wrote:I hope Les Miles blows his knee.....he used Michigan to get a contract extension and a raise....again.

We now have Brady Hoke.....I'm not going to spew any negativity.....although it was posted that ALL players were staying...(Denard??)

Ok ... are you doing the "hokey-pokey" yet?
    GoBlue

Post  GoBlue on Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:15 am

you know? I didn't know what to think about Hoke, and Michigan's choice to hire him as head coach...however...we taped the press conference yesterday and I got to watch it last night....I really like this guy. From what we have been reading people who have played for him previously have nothing but good things to say about him, and the Michigan players are excited.
    I cant wait until September..... cheers
    GoBlue

Post  GoBlue on Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:10 pm

looks like Denard Robinson is staying cheers
    GoBlue

Post  GoBlue on Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:27 pm

MBaltimore Ravens defensive coordinator Greg Mattison is expected to go the University of Michigan as their new defensive coordinator, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

No deal has been formally reached, though.

He would likely be replaced in Baltimore by secondary coach Chuck Pagano.

UPDATE: Mattison has taken the job and Pagano has replaced him.

I“We’re excited for our defense and for Chuck, and we’re happy for Greg Mattison,” coach John Harbaugh said. “I will talk more about it tomorrow when we formally announced Chuck as our new coordinator in a press conference.”

ichigan hired DC from Baltimore Ravens, Greg Mattison...fuckin'A!!!!!

Other hires:

Hoke Announces Seven Staff Appointments

ANN ARBOR – University of Michigan head coach Brady Hoke announced today (Tuesday, Jan. 18) the hiring of seven staff members to his Wolverine coaching and support staff. Hoke named six of the nine assistant coaching positions and the appointment of his strength and conditioning coach.

Six members of the San Diego State staff joined Hoke in Ann Arbor. Al Borges will coordinate the offense and work with the quarterbacks, Dan Ferrigno will coordinate the special teams and coach the tight ends, Darrell Funk will coach the offensive line, Jeff Hecklinski mentors the wide receivers and Mark Smith has been appointed linebackers coach. Aaron Wellman also joined the Wolverines’ staff as the strength and conditioning coach.

Hoke rehired long time Michigan running backs coach Fred Jackson to the same position on the staff. Jackson will begin his 20th season as a member of the Wolverine coaching staff in 2011.

GoBlue

Post  GoBlue on Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:12 pm

Tate Forcier is officially gone.

I have mixed emotions about this.....he was awesome his freshman year....then his head got too big and he hit rock bottom.

Now he has found God, and is moving on. I wish him well, but I also hope he grows up and makes something of himself.
    Mickey

Post  Mickey on Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:44 am

September 3rd, Blue will be in Ann Arbor. You poor thing! lol!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:24 am