Northwestern Ohio Talks

US Economy

Mickey

US Economy

Post  Mickey on Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:20 am

WTF is going on with the economy? Stocks fell over 500 yesterday and the outlook isn't too pretty. Why can't anybody who is responsible for this do their job? Isn't that what they're in their positions for?

I saw on the news where over 46 million people are getting food stamps. 38% of the people in Alabama receive food stamps. That's just unreal.

Jobs are being lost in record numbers because businesses can't afford to stay open anymore.

It's scary to see what's going on. We need some serious change.
    GoBlue

Re: US Economy

Post  GoBlue on Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:14 pm

it's because we have a bunch of rich mother fuckers who have NO money problems running our country.....people who have no idea what it is like to not have a job, or wonder if the company they work for will be closing down anytime. They don't care....dems, repubs, tea party, none of them care...they are all out to fulfill their own personal agendas.....I would like to put them all on a plane and crash it into the side of a mountain.
    Mickey

Post  Mickey on Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:31 pm

Stocks fall over 500 Monday, they rebound 400+ Tuesday, Wednesday they fall another what, 500+? Oil fell quite a bit a barrel so gas prices are on the way down. I can say yippee to that, along with everybody else.

Interest rates are way low, prime time to buy a house. It most certainly is a buyer's market, IF you can get a loan. Problem is, everybody is afraid to borrow money because they don't know if they're going to have a job tomorrow, and the banks are afraid to lend money for the same reason.

Are we headed into another recession? Did we ever get out of the first one?
    Mickey

Post  Mickey on Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:05 am

Stocks are tanking again. What I don't understand is oil fell $1.00 a barrel yesterday, but yet gas prices went up 10 cents a gallon. How exactly does that work? Greedy fuckers! I put a lot of the blame on the oil industry, but I also put a lot of the blame on the politicians. Plenty of blame to go around.
    Izzy
    Admin

Post  Izzy on Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:47 am

Mickey wrote:Stocks are tanking again. What I don't understand is oil fell $1.00 a barrel yesterday, but yet gas prices went up 10 cents a gallon. How exactly does that work? Greedy fuckers! I put a lot of the blame on the oil industry, but I also put a lot of the blame on the politicians. Plenty of blame to go around.

I watch the oil prices too on ch. 24. I usually know when gas is going up or down because of it. Not when it does that crud, though. I have a feeling it's going to get WAY worse before it gets better. I think before all is said and done, the market is going to crash or darn close to it, or prices on things are going to soar so high only the rich will be able to afford it, with it even taking a toll on them. My water bill's went up, electric up, and food prices up. Stock up on peanut butter if you like it, because it's set to go up big time. The peanut crop didn't do well this year. Kind of like my tomatoes didn't start turning red until late. I have gobs of tomatoes they are just all green. Sad
    Mickey

Post  Mickey on Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:42 am

Stocks up 490 yesterday - Black Friday Christmas shopping up like 9% from last year. So, is the economy starting to get better, or will we tank again?
    GoBlue

Post  GoBlue on Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:23 am

Mickey wrote:Stocks up 490 yesterday - Black Friday Christmas shopping up like 9% from last year. So, is the economy starting to get better, or will we tank again?

I don't know what to think anymore....the pessimistic side of me says it will all go back down again....
    TonyT

Post  TonyT on Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:51 pm

Personally I believe the "big boys" have a pretty good handle on it myself. IMO it's all been a FORCED slowdown and things will eventually pick back up.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:18 am