Northwestern Ohio Talks

Animal Control

Jerry

Animal Control

Post  Jerry on Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:02 pm

Just west of us is a nice young couple with a tiny little dog. When the dog is outside, they leash it to a running line in the yard so the dog is confined to its own yard.

On the other side of us is a dumb ass couple with two Pitt Bulls. They constantly let them out running off a leash.

Today, one of the Pitt Bulls takes off and chases my one neighbors little dog, back and forth along the run line. Then I see the Pitt Bull owner running in front of our house with her "moron or imbecile" I forget the IQ clarification but he fits one of them with a loaded rifle.

Called the Shawnee Township Police and the Police did nothing. Yes the moron or imbecile has the right to possess a weapon but not on my property. They are calling the Dog Warden about the dogs but no citations for letting the mongrels run loose without a leash.

It won't make the papers unless the dogs maul another person but its definitely a problem looking for a place to happen.
    Chapstick

Re: Animal Control

Post  Chapstick on Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:08 pm

I like pit bulls a lot but I'd never own one and if I had neighbors who had them and let them run loose I'd be very leary. One thing you could try with the dog warden is to have them check if they have the proper insurance coverage for the pits. A lot of places require owners to carry liability at the least. If I were to buy a pit or a rot I'd have to notify my insurance co. and my rates would jump sky high.

As for the moron running down the side walk with a gun in your yard, video tape it or take photos if you can. Might be able to file enough reports to get something done about him. May even be able to get a TPO. It's a hassle for you but would send the message loud and clear you've had enough! Pray the cops do something or the idiot falls on it.. that's not very nice though Suspect
    Jerry

Post  Jerry on Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:44 pm

Supposedly the Allen County Dog Warden is coming out, (maybe this century) to check and see if they have all of insurance, caging and licensing requirements - but he hasn't shown up yet.

They didn't deny the kid had the rifle on my property. She said she told him to get the rifle because she was going to shoot the dog if it attacked the little dog.

I told the officer that the ten year old kid may have the constitutional right to bear arms - but not on my property and his Mother didn't have the authority to give him that right. Besides, if she had shot this dog with a .22 - it would have just pissed the dog off.

I asked the officer to tell them never to bring a loaded weapon on my property again, as I was answering his partners questions about my Winchesters and 6.5mm x 400 Weatherby.
    Chapstick

Post  Chapstick on Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:13 pm

Did the Wardon make it out yet? I'm hoping so!!
    Jerry

Post  Jerry on Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:27 am

Chapstick wrote:Did the Wardon make it out yet? I'm hoping so!!

No ... wish I had Toolie around the push the S.O.B. down the stairs! stairs

Post  Guest on Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:24 am

Jerry wrote:
    Chapstick wrote:Did the Wardon make it out yet? I'm hoping so!!

No ... wish I had Toolie around the push the S.O.B. down the stairs! stairs

lol......I wish I could help you out.....I'm glad they see the urgency in taking care of a problem before it becomes serious scratch
    Chapstick

Post  Chapstick on Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:38 am

I was in there a few years ago to get tags and officially adopt my dog Max. This man from Beaverdam was in there with his wife getting nasty with them. The man had taken his pit bull to the bar with him, got drunk and passed out in the car with the dog. He was arrested and they took his dog and refused to give it back to him. They were in a hurry to get home before their kids got off the bus from school but weren't leaving without their dog.. Priorities!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:17 am